4.2.13

That 4am Post

1....2....3....4....5....zzz...zzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That's the way it should be. Count some sheep, fall asleep. But not for this pregnant lady.

Sleep hasn't been a very kind friend to me the past few weeks. I'm pretty sure it's just envious of the fact that I have the baby, and it doesn't. That, or it's being ever so kind as to remind that we will never be friends again. I haven't quite decided which one it is just yet. But, I really would like to sleep.

When the internal clock says, "It's Bed Time!" I normally can fall asleep within two to fifteen minutes of snuggling up in bed with my honey. Oh, and Miguel too. :) Lately, though, it seems like the internal clock is going off every 5 hours saying, "It's Bed Time!" even when the sun in up. 5 hours of sleep and then I'm up again.

Granted it doesn't help that for the past, almost, four days I have had a cough strong enough to hack up parts of my lung, a sinus headache to make it so when I am awake, I have no desire to sleep again and heartburn from the deep inner core of the earth. Seriously, who thought it would be funny to give a pregnant woman with less than four weeks left of her carrying a baby around all of this junk?! I have one step up on my diabetic coworker in the immune system department. That's not that great.

Thankfully, I have a great hubby who, when I run out of Tums, will make a 3:30am trip to WalMart to buy them for me. And yes, he did come back with other items too: A RingPop and Cherry Flavored Chapstick. He must have been tired... ;) What would I do without him?

In attempts to start feeling better, I'm going to hit the hay, figuratively that is. I don't happen to have a stack or even a skosh of hay in my bedroom. Maybe it would be better to say, "I'm going to try and cozy myself in the full size bed that I share with my hubs, while trying not to cough on him."

Oh! If any veteran moms, or Scategories masters, have any ideas of "items to pack in a hospital bag" I'd greatly appreciate it. Once this bag is packed, I'm sure we'll both be ready for Brielle's debut.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Hey...I saw a post on a blog I LOVE reading about cool things moms should pack for the hospital!

    http://www.alexamariezurcher.com/2012/09/hospital-bag-essentials.html

    If you don't follow her blog already, you should. :) She has other posts like this of things that are fabulous to have at different ages (for baby, of course. :)

    Hope you get feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally take flip flops -we alrady talked about why- and hard candy to suck on during labor. I had jolly ranchers and they saved my life. You might want to pack a dvd or 2. It gets pretty boring just sitting there. If i think of anything else i will just text you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete