19.2.13

72+ Hours of Patience

You know that feeling when you believe you've reached your peak? 
Yeah me too. 

I thought I hit the peak with this pregnancy this last weekend. My OB, who is wonderful by the way, gave me the best hope this last Thursday. After waiting 2 hours to see Dr. L, she came in, checked me out and told me that I had dilated from 2cm to 4cm and had effaced to 90%! Woot...right? Of course! She also did a little sweeping of my membranes which gave me a 50% chance of going into labor in the next 72 hours of my appointment. 

I was thrilled. I thought, "This is it! Finally, I think I've reached the end." Commence the walking & spicy food!

... ... zzz ... ... !

I'm still pregnant. (Insert unhappy pregnant face)

Seriously, this child of mine has a mind of her own, and even though I'm bummed that I still need to wait to hold her precious little body in my arms, I'm thankful she's the way she is. She's an "on my time" kind of a little girl, and that's okay by me. She's a mix between Miguel and me... o.0 Yeah, I'm a little worried, won't lie. Not a bad worried, but enough that it makes me nervous to think wow, three oldest children in the same house. Woah. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Also, I did set up an induction date, which I'm having some reservations about. I really want her here, but I don't want to force her out when she's not ready. I mean, since I'm keeping the date hush hushed, she won't be that far off from her due date, and that's okay, right? I'm just miserable. I wake up with heartburn every single night. I get 5 hours of sleep that has no benefits. At least with a baby I get to cuddle up with her... instead I'm stuck with a rock hard belly and full bladder at 3am. :( 

Seriously though, I'm ready for her to be here anytime now. Send us some pushing baby thoughts and maybe that will help. 

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment